What does it mean to have a gown custom made? What is the process behind it? What should I expect during each of my fittings?
These are questions we are constantly asked whenever we mention that we specialize in custom made dresses. These are questions we hope to answered by the following. If not contact us via email or call us at 778.397.8880.
- All of our fabric is locally bought from small businesses in the lower mainland.
- Fabric choices are virtually endless! Having your dream gown in your dream colour can truly become reality.
- We lay down the dress pattern. Ellebay's blueprint's are unique to the store, and with years of trial-and-error, we can honestly say it is one of the best ones out there. Once the correct pattern is chosen and laid down, so begins the cutting process. This process is crucial. If a piece is cut incorrectly, the entire dress won't match up when it is being sewn.
- The first fitting is, basically, when you are asked to try on the shell of your dress.The importance of the first fitting is to ensure that everything fits perfectly before the complications of the dress design come into play.
- The importance of the second fitting is to make sure you are happy with the finished product. Usually, only the length needs to be adjusted. However, if there are any style or size changes, we can fix that accordingly as well.